WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Washington County Fair Scholarship
WCFA Bucket Calf Mentor Scholarship
WCFA Champion Drive Buddy Scholarship
Guidelines of qualifications include:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
- At the time of application, applicants must:
- Live in Washington County, or;
- Attend school at a Washington County school, or;
- Be enrolled in an appropriately qualifying Home School Program, and;
- Be a Washington County 4-H member, or;
- Be an FFA member that is enrolled, attending, and in good standing in a Washington County school that has an FFA chapter chartered.
- Applicant must have participated in a division of the Washington County Fair for two of the past four years.
- Applicants must attach a one-page essay on the impact the Fair has had on you.
- Applicant must attach a letter of recommendation from a teacher or principal.
- Applicant must provide college entrance exam scores and copy of high school transcript.
- Applicant must be a high school graduation candidate in the year of application and plan to attend an accredited school of higher education or professional training within five (5) years. Scholarships will be voided if not funded within five (5) years of award date.
- The completed application and all required attachments must be attached to be considered for this scholarship.
- Bucket Calf Mentors must complete the Bucket Calf Section to be considered for that award.
- Champion Drive Buddies must complete the Champion Drive Section to be considered for that award.
- Scholarship evaluations may include in-person interviews.
Please return applications to:
Washington County Fair Association
Attn: Madalynn Kainer, Suite 112
1305 E. Blue Bell Road
Brenham, TX 77833
Deadline for Applications is 4:00 PM on March 15, 2024.
This includes in-person drop-off at the fair office. (Recommended)
Email completed application, with all attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Recommended)
Postmark of completed application. (Not recommended)
**Do not submit the completed packet to school counselors**
For scholarship winners, proof of enrollment must be sent to the Fair Association and funds will be paid directly to school’s scholarship/financial aid department.